So, I love to cook and try new recipes.....I love just reading about good things to eat and then of course have to try them! I have a huge file of "to try" recipes that I am gradually working my way through but I keep adding to it so its getting bigger not smaller! Anyways, I thought each week I would post some recipes I tried to share the goodness with the world. I should note that I haven't gotten into the baking much but will soon so that Noah doesn't end up like Harold Crick in Stranger than Fiction(mom never baked him cookies:()!
We try to go meatless at least three times a week so there are a few of those.
Sour Cream Pork Chops -This has kind of a tnagy sauce...different than usual pork chop marinade!
4 Pork chops (3/4" thick)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup water
Pepper -- to taste
Salt -- to taste
Salt and pepper the pork chops on both sides and fry in butter until brown. Mix together vinegar, sugar, water
and pour the mixture over the chops. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently about 1 1/4 hours or until
chops are tender. Add sour cream and heat to just under boil.
Croissant Breakfast Casserole-Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner!! This was delicious, not sure if it was because it was Fast Sunday and we were starved but it hit the spot. It would be easy to add ham or bacon and we think topped with fresh tomatoes would be good too!
-= Ingredients =-
4 plain croissants
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onions
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
-= Instructions =-
1. Split croissants in half and place bottoms cut side up in one
layer in a rectangular casserole.
2. Melt butter in a fry pan.
3. Saute mushrooms and green onion until tender and liquid has
evaporated.
4. Set aside.
5. Beat together eggs and milk.
6. Pour half over croissants, layer mushroom mixture and cheeses
on top, then pour over remaining liquid.
7. Position croissant tops over the bottoms, cut side down.
8. Let stand over night in the refrigerator.
9. Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
10. Cover with foil if browns too quickly.
Refried Bean soup-EASY!!!!! And yet so good!!! MMMMMMM
1 can veggie broth
1 can refried beans
1 can rotel original tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Add all of those things together, but the burner on med ( a little above)...let simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crnched up tortilla chips (or tore up flour tortillas)
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
These all sound very yummy! I am always looking for new, easy things to try.
I know about the "no ice" policy Europe seems to have. When we lived in Germany, I would ask for ice, and get the weirdest looks. And never any ice! Our landlord told us that ice was unhealthy, and that cold drinks would give you cancer.
To put the list in your blog, all you have to do is copy and paste mine into you post editor, and then change your answers. I can't wait to see what you say!
They sound great, and we're going to try the refried bean soup this week. That's if I can find all of the stuff at the store. You know how it is here.
Thanks for sharing.
BTW-That wasn't Clark, it's me, Amanda.
Post a Comment