Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bananas



Noah has been a really great eater since we first put him on solids. He has eaten almost everything we offer. He is just now starting to get a little particular about his foods. He is most passionate about bananas. If he sees a banana on the counter he starts squealing and bouncing. If that banana does not soon make it to his mouth he gets ANGRY! The produce section of the grocery store must be well planned before we journey there! Once I gave him a piece of banana and he put it in his mouth and then grabbed the section that was in my mouth....he stole my banana! He also wants to eat it like we do. I gave him pieces on his tray and he pushed it away and grabbed the whole banana. Some other most favorite foods that he will eat and eat and eat are cantaloupe, watermelon, blueberries, peas, squash, onions (yup, he likes them!), grapes, peaches, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, black beans and nectarines. He also enjoys but is not as in love with pork, beef, chicken, pasta, kiwi, cheese, carrots, cherries and spinach. We tried mango but he wasn't too keen on that but I am not sure it was ripe. The foods he does not seem to care for are yogurt, cottage cheese, and avocado which he used to love! I hope he gets over this dislike for dairy as I plan to ween him soon! It's so fun to see him explore his new tastes.

4 comments:

Brodrick - Viera / Cocoa said...

It's bananas... B-A-N-A-N-A-S... What a good little boy!

Amanda said...

He sounds so much like Kimball. He's eat everything, it was great. I hope he does well with dairy. My boys can't get enough dairy.

Tami said...

That is so good! It is so nice when you have a good eater! It takes away a lot of stress! That's so funny that he only want's the whole banana he's cutie.

Lillian J. White said...

Brielle is a picky eater but wasn't always like this. What happened? Anyhow Ness, you are incredible to still be nursing! I think this week will be my last. amazing!