Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baptism

Zac is the ward mission leader in our ward which allows me to get a little more up close and personal with the gospel. Yesterday we attended a baptism. This is the second one since Zac was called and it has been a reminder to me that I need t be so much more supportive and aware of these new converts. While at this baptism I was able to reflect more directly on the gospel and what a blessing it is in my life. I was reminded of those amazing covenants I made at my baptism 20 years ago. It always seems difficult to get to baptisms especially with such a vocal baby but that is simply an excuse. I am grateful for Zac's calling and this awakening for me to be more involved. Every sacrament meeting I am now more attentive and aware to the talks and testimonies given to try and experience it through the eyes of an investigator or new member. I know that it is my obligation to share the gospel with others and hope that I can reach beyond my comfort zone to fulfill that duty. There are so many blessings to be had and I want to feel the urgency to share them. I was teaching my sunday school class about Alma and Amulek and all that they sacrificed to share the gospel. There is honestly little that I have had to sacrifice in my life yet, I have received an abundance of blessings. I am so grateful for my membership in the church and the love of my Savior.

No comments: