Friday, August 29, 2008

The Grouchies

Ok, so let's be honest, Noah has always had a slight case of the grouchies but this week he has gone into overload! I swear he is entering the terrible twos at 13 months! He is throwing full on tantrums over everything. We're throwing the ball and he raises his arm to throw and the ball falls behind him...tantrum. He's pushing his lion walker and it is going to (hasn't yet) but is going to hit the wall...tantrum. I am laying on my side and he lifts my shirt and can't find my belly button...tantrum. You get it. He's also very aggressive. He hits a lot and I am not quite sure how to discipline him. He also has been throwing food constantly and again I don't know how to discipline. He even throws it at me while I pick it up. I guess that's what I get for boasting that he is a good eater. He is super super picky now and is living off of sweet potatoes, peas, bread, cheese, and pasta. He's a total vegetarian! Ugh, I am at a loss for what to do with any of these situations...any suggestions?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I had some answers for you. What does your pediatrician say? It sounds like Sammy, although he was never that way at 13 months. At least not that I can remember, but I may have blocked it out. I don't think discipline really works at this age. My pediatrician said I could start doing time-outs at 18 months. Sorry I'm no help. Sometimes when Sammy gets so upset I just have to put him in his room and let him cry it out. Is something else going on? Teething? I know kids don't need a reason to be grouchy, but it sure seems to help up feel better if there is one. Good luck! We'll be thinking about you.

Tami said...

Brooklyn went through that too about the same age. Dont worry it didnt last very long. She is doing a lot better!

Kimberly said...

Throwing food was one of Aerie's first talents. She can still do a good job of sending her food all around the room. If you get an answer to that, let me know!

Nathaly said...

Yup. Marcelo has a serious case of the grouchies on a pretty regular basis. (Little Marcelo, not Big Marcelo. Although he occasionally gets them, too.)About the food, Diego went through a phase like that. I just had to be creative and find ways to hide the food. For instance, he had an issue with textures, so he wouldn't eat soup because it's watery and then there's the bits of vegetables and noodles and chicken or whatever. So I would puree it so it was all smooth and he would gobble it up and ask for more. So maybe try pureeing stuff? I don't know, but it'll get better.