Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cute vs. not cute

GRATEFUL: For feeling the love of Relief Society and good friends. We have had 7 dinners brought to us and my dear friends have taken Noah on all day play dates to provide him with entertainment and me with sanity!

Some cute and not so cute since Ellie's arrival



On first meeting her Noah said she had yucky eyeballs



On his second meeting of her Noah laid his chin on his hand and leaned over to Ellie and said "I love baby sister."


While nursing her Noah exclaimed "Oh no, she's eating you!"


Tantrum after tantrum after tantrum (We try to remind ourselves this is a tougher transition for him than it is for us!)

There has been a little smacking of her while I am nursing



He has also begged me not to pick her up when she is crying



He will sometimes "love on her" a little too rough and he knows it is



He is rebelling against nap time.....and bed time if he takes a nap (picture young boy shut up in room destroying it for an hour before succumbing to slumber, or better dad relentlessly putting a laughing child back in his bed repeatedly for an hour.).....so not good timing for that, I need my nap!

On her first day home Noah ran up to her bed while she was sleeping and sang twinkle twinkle little star.

Here's to hoping we all adjust soon!

4 comments:

Shantel said...

Hang in there girl! It will get better! It has to right?!!!

Destiny Trevino said...

I love reading your blog. I'm just laughing and laughing. :) Ya'll are exceptional parents.

Leslie said...

Lauren did all those same things. Especially the tantrum after tantrum for a few weeks. Everything was a meltdown and traumatic for her. And then she got over it and slept and acted nice. and became her usual self. This is the hard part. Luckily, it ends.

Lana Dahle said...

You're such a great Mom. I really look up to you! It was a big adjustment for us too, now 6 mos in I feel like it's more normal. Caleb did some of the same things.
And ps- I just gave up on shopping for a while.