Friday, May 21, 2010

100% SUCCESS

So as morbid as my first potty training post was I am here to redeem my son. He is so 100% trained and this is after his one day full of accidents. As soon as he experienced it on the potty he was good to go! I mean to the point where I never ask him if he has to go he just gets up from what he is doing and runs in to use the bathroom. I am then later summoned to help him put his clothes back on. It is amazing to me how quick he caught on. If they say boys are harder than girls bring it on. I will admit it was probably the biggest sense of parental accomplishment since giving birth. On a funny note, I took him to the store and told him if he needed to go to let me know. He seemed confused and I explained to him that there are potties in the stores. He never asked to go. A few hours later when we were at home he needed to go and very distraught and upset looked at me and exclaimed "Mommy, I forgot to go potty at the store!"

2 comments:

Destiny Trevino said...

Im happy for y'alls accomplishment! Im am going to push the issue with Jace here soon and hopefully he takes on as well as Noah. Right now Jace is 75% there, the other 25% needs to come from us and he will be potty trained. I hope it goes as smoothly!

Amanda said...

We finally got Addi potty trained too. She was ready months ago, but was so darn stubborn that it took her that long to want to do it on her own. I finally stopped putting pull-ups on her and let her wear panties. Then when she had an accident, she got a cold shower. (I know, my mom says I'm the worst mom ever). It only took having a cold shower 3 times before she started telling us when she needed to go. Now we only use pull-ups at for bed at night and naps. It's weird, this is the first time in 6 years that I haven't been changing diapers. Crazy!

Good job, Noah! You're one step closer to hooking up with Addi. Next steps, school, baptism, priesthood, graduation, mission, then you two might be ready.

Love you guys! We miss you.