Grateful-For a much much quicker recovery from this delivery than Noah's delivery.
I will have a lovely mothers day post soon but had to document this crazy day! I am anxious to get Noah potty trained so that he can go to pre-school in August. I figured we should start now seeing as we are home a lot with the baby anyways and he has adjusted to her and I figure he will be one of those kids that take FOREVER to train so better get started. Morning began with new CARS underwear. I showed his a very cool Pez dispenser that would provide a yummy treat for him if he went in the potty. He very excitedly headed in to try. He sat for about 3 seconds and hopped down asking for a treat. I explained he had to actually go to earn the treat. After 3 times of "trying" he refused to even sit on the potty so I had to start giving a treat for just trying. First accident of the day didn't phase him very much. He excitedly exclaimed that the urine made the letter "I" on the tile. Yup, can't use the potty but is great with letters. I set the timer and started taking him to the potty every 15 minutes. This diligence was rewarded with no success. Instead we had 8 accidents (some just after sitting on the potty) and no times in the toilet. I finally resorted to moving his little potty in front of the TV and let him watch for a full hour straight hoping that he would learn the sensation. Nope, never went and refused all yummy drinks I offered him. I think he knows not to drink so he won't have to go! I put a diaper on him and he took his one hour nap. After waking I told him we should go try to potty and he said "nope, I'm all done with the potty." quite matter o factly. We are now currently engaged in a show down. He wants a bun to eat and I insist he have something...anything on the bun so I will be able to sleep at night knowing I provided him with some sort of lunch. My goodness, motherhood is tough!
Update: Mom is the victor of the showdown. After 45 minutes of tantrum Noah happily ate 2 ham and cheese sandwiches.....I so don't get this kid sometimes.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I had to laugh...what a cute day MOM....I know it can be frustrating..but just keep it up...he will get the hang of it...I asked my boys if they could make "bubbles" in the water...but they were standing at the big potty...if you do that be prepared to have "writing on the wall" just part of being a boy! They are facinated by what they can "draw" Anyway...brought back some fun memories! Zac was stubborn too...so I am sure he gets some of that from the Brodrick side but then add the Mason side and well....you've got our sweet little Noah! How I love him!
i'll probably be attempting potty training soon too. thanks for the details. maybe i'll rent a dvd or something to teach me how to teach him!
Post a Comment