Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Tell All-Halloween

Describe the Halloween traditions you had as a child growing up. Share the traditions you have created now. Do you watch certain scary movies? Do you eat something specific for dinner? Do you decorate your house and yard? Spill your Halloween Guts!

Growing up we did very few Halloween traditions. I was the youngest of five and I think my parents were just kind of over it by the time it came to me. We didn't carve pumpkins and I couldn't even go trick or treating after elementary school. I however love Halloween and am working on instilling traditions but am slacking somewhat. Zac and I always dress up. We have been Johnny Lingo and Muhanna, Harry Potter and Hermione, Chips and Dip, and this year we were vines (Noah was the monkey). We have also in the past invited friends over for pumpkin carving and print off fun patterns to carve instead of faces. We also usually eat dinner in a pumpkin at some point but it's really not my favorite meal for the amount of work it takes. We started booing our friends with goodies. I do plan to do the switch witch in the future and remove all the hard candies that are bad for teeth and replace it with a toy. Hopefully we can come up with some other fun things to celebrate.

No comments: